Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Eleventh Mission - #29: Care


DELAY OF GAME

Before we get into this week's post (or rather what should have been last week's post, but got pushed back because of whatever reason, regardless), we must address this delay of game. Now, in our rules, we did not consider a delay of game penalty, or penalties in general. Whoops!

So I began to think of ways to issue myself some sort of extra challenge that would be commensurate with leaving everyone waiting. The only thing I could think of:

Draw and extra card and have to complete both the primary mission and secondary (penalty) mission.

Thoughts anyone?

Now onto this week's mission:

America Runs on Dunkin'

...and so do I! 

I believe I have mentioned my favorite palace du cafĂ©, Dunkin' Donuts, and my regular haunt on my way to work. For I guess would be the past year and a half or so, I have been enjoying their On-the-Go ordering through the Dunkin' app.  At first I was reluctant to go down that route as I enjoyed my daily repartĂ© with the staff there.  However, when the school year began and the influx of GMU and NVCC students returned generating longer wait lines, I decided to give it a go. I have not been disappointed. I greatly enjoy walking in getting my coffee and leaving the store while getting looks from everyone in line wondering how I got special treatment (at least that's how I like to envision it).

On this particular day, for this mission, I decided to wait just like everyone else. At first I was a little disappointed that there was no one else in the store. The staff there was a little surprised to see me in line and it took them a moment to remember my order (it also took me a moment, because I usually just tap my favorite on the app and there I go...not very often do I need to vocalize it). During this exchange, and my subsequent fidgeting with my phone for my Dunkin' Moblie app, in walks a gentleman (Ron) with his daughter (Iris) in baby carrier and when I was asked if that would be it, I said 'and whatever this gentleman is having' and subsequently handed him the card.

Now before I finished this post, I stopped back at that shop and there was Ron with Iris again and I asked him who he handed it off to. Apparently that card made it 11 hands that morning according to the store manager.



Unfortunately, none of those hands have logged the card's movement on sneakycards.com, but there is still time. I'm just glad to hear that they are at least moving.







CARD UPDATES

If you remember my coworker Kelly who I mentioned in the Ninth Mission? Well, she finally broke open her deck and began with Mission #4, the largest game of tag!

I'm looking forward to hear how all her sneaky missions go.


Until next time Travelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment