Monday, February 6, 2017

The Fifth Mission - #1: Engagement

apologies travelers...apparently I did not publish this one when I finished it on Monday...ack!  

Make it so number one!

Sorry...when I read ENGAGE it was in Patrick Stuart's voice...hmmm...nerd...meh!?

Anyway, yes, this week is about engaging the public!

Actually, one of the things I do the least...selfies...for some reason I cringe slightly when I heard that word, let alone for me to do it.

I am more comfortable being the person behind the camera, not in front of it...ACK!

Then again, that's what this game and this year is all about, stretching myself to new experiences and see what happens.

All that being said, I can actually say that I'm really excited about this card.  Now I can put a card in someone's hand and say "YOUR TURN" and hopefully they venture beyond their comfort zone (unless they already do copious amounts of selfies and then this is a walk in the park).


This weekend was also:

The City of Fairfax 25th Annual Chocolate Lovers Festival

There's a Chocolate Chip Pancake Breakfast, a Chocolate Challenge where professionals and amateurs compete for the best cake, cupcake, or sculpture, there's the Taste of Chocolate where you can purchase all kinds of chocolate confections, and new this year was a Liquid Chocolate Tent with all kinds of delights like chocolate beers, martinis, milkshakes, chocolate sodas. For a brand new event, it was quite packed actually. We have even had guest judges who have been featured on Food Network and demonstrations by these individuals as well. So, if anyone is around the City of Fairfax the first weekend in February, I definitely recommend. Especially for those who love chocolate!

My participation in the festival is I spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12 hours running around the City with a large camera on my shoulder following my boss around as we cover this tasty celebration with events all over Fairfax. So, I was around all kinds of strangers and had plenty of people to chose from, but sadly no time. 

Until I realized I had to go back and get some pickup shots on the second day of the festival. Wearing my Patriots hat, a gentleman by the name of Tim who was donning his Cowboys jacket wished my team luck in Superbowl LI later that night and bemoaned his team not being in the big show this year...maybe next year Tim, maybe next year!  But in that moment, I asked if I could take a selfie with him, handed him the card, and tried to quickly explain the game to him before the light turned green and we got our walk signal.

Well Tim, it is your turn to pass along your new found Sneaky Card!  I can't wait to see where it travels.




Card Updates:

Mission #40 has moved from the original target (still waiting on confirmation on SneakyCards.com), but has been handed off to another friend, who by the way has tried two new foods since they received their card, but upon doing so forgot to have it on them. Maybe third times the charm?

I have also received word from the recipient of Mission #47 that they will be moving the card this week.
WOOT!

Stay tuned adventurers!

No comments:

Post a Comment